Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
The VBA is committed to Corporate Social Responsibility and as such has developed a statement that aligns its corporate values with its day-to-day operations to realise mutual benefits between the VBA and the community.
The Corporate Social Responsibility statement will be progressively implemented over time through updates to VBA policies and procedures, which will align VBA operations to the statement.
VBA Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
The VBA recognises that we must integrate our values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include practitioners, consumers, Government, suppliers and the community.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to continuous improvement.
- The Executive Leadership Team is responsible for the implementation of this statement and the responsibility for our performance on this statement rests with all employees throughout the VBA.
Our Social Responsibility Focus
To achieve the successful implementation of our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment, the VBA will demonstrate that:
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk ensuring that we uphold the VBA values and those of the Victorian public sector.
- We shall support the development of our external stakeholders through information, training, research and education utilising business partners to hold seminars and industry meetings.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguard against unfair business practices.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region, particularly charities supported through the VBA Wellbeing initiatives.
- We shall work with local community and minority groups to assist people in choosing and establishing their future careers, being an advocate for the industries the VBA regulate.