Previous audit resources
- List and status of buildings referred to the VBA by the City of Melbourne
- VBA's External Wall Cladding Audit Report (2016)
- VBA's appearance at the Senate Inquiry into Non-Conforming Building Products
VBA's Cladding Audits since the 2014 Lacrosse Tower Fire
The Australian-first audit identified the extent of non-compliant cladding in residential and public buildings of three or more storeys. Most buildings initially assessed as non-compliant have since been assessed as compliant and safe to occupy.
- More than 220 buildings were audited, primarily in Melbourne's CBD and inner suburbs.
- 53 buildings have been brought into compliance since the initial audit in 2014.
- More than 20,000 building practitioners and registered architects provided the VBA with information about their use of aluminium composite panel cladding.
- VBA inspectors reviewed more than 16,000 building-related documents.
- Melbourne City Council's municipal building surveyor issued one emergency order – for the Harvest Apartments in South Melbourne.
- 42 additional buildings were audited, because they involved the builder of the Harvest Apartments in South Melbourne.