- Becoming an owner-builder
- Owner-builder duties and responsibilities
- Owner-builder eLearning assessment
- White Card / Construction Induction Training
- What happens after you apply?
- Owner-builder public register
If you are eligible to apply for an Owner-builder certificate of consent, the documentation you may be required to provide (depending upon your individual circumstances) could include:
- Proof of Identity – Photo ID, e.g. driver's licence, passport.
- Proof of Change of Name – e.g. Marriage Certificate, change of name by deed poll evidence
- Proof of your WorkSafe Victoria-issued "White Card", or a Construction Induction card issued by a WorkSafe counterpart, if applicable
- Proof of Ownership – A Registered Search Statement (RSS) or Certificate of Title, produced within 7 days of the submission of application. If you need to obtain an updated RSS, you can order your Register Search Statement online at www.land.vic.gov.au.
- If the land is privately owned by the applicant and co-owners: If the applicant co-owns the land, a written statement in the form of a Statutory Declaration from each owner, stating that each owner authorises the making of the application dated within 28 days of the date the application is submitted. A blank Statutory Declaration form can be downloaded here.
- If the land is owned by a Company/Body Corporate: a copy of a record of a current company extract from ASIC, dated within 7 days of the date the application is submitted, a written authorisation from the Directors of the body corporate to the making of the application and carrying out of the work dated within 28 days of the date the application is submitted.
- If the land is owned by a Trust: a certified copy of the trust deed – together with any subsequent amendments – showing the name of the trust, the name of each trustee and the name of each beneficiary certified within 28 days of the date the application is submitted, written authority of the trustee(s) attesting to the trustee's (or trustees') authorisation that the beneficiary of the trust may make this application and carry out the work. This must be signed and dated within 28 days of the date the application is submitted.
- If applicable, site plan, building plan, floor plan, planning permit.
- Proof of successfully completing the eLearning assessment (by the main applicant).
IMPORTANT: If the above evidence is not submitted with your application, you will not be permitted to act as an owner-builder and your application will be refused.
Note: A valid credit or debit card is required to complete your application.