Owner-Builder Public Register
8. Owner-Builder Public Register
The VBA maintains a public register of all certificates of consent issued from 1 September 2016. This information allows potential purchasers to find out whether a property was subject to an owner-builder project after 1 September 2016.
The public register includes the following information:
- the date of issue of the certificate;
- the identification number of the certificate;
- a description of the domestic building work to which the certificate relates; and
- the address of the land on which the domestic building work will be carried out.
Disclaimer: The Victorian Building Authority's Owner-Builder Public Register is true and correct at the time of its publication. The VBA cannot warrant the accuracy of the information after publication because the street addresses may change over time for various reasons, such as town planning changes.