Draft Plumbing Standards Open for Public Comment
Friday December 1 2017
The VBA reminds plumbing practitioners that the following Draft Australian Standards are still open for public comment until 7 December 2017:
- AS/NZS 3500.1:2015 Plumbing and drainage Part 1: Water services.
- AS/NZS 3500.2.2015 Part 2: Sanitary plumbing and drainage.
- AS/NZS 3500.4:2015 Part 4: Heated water services.
The aim of the proposed revisions by Standards Australia are to update technical content as follows:
- Relating to backflow prevention, plastic pipes in direct sunlight, non-drinking water and clarification of jointing methods (AS/NZS 3500.1:2015).
- To introduce deemed to satisfy installation requirements to protect drains laid in reactive soils; to provide additional information on drain relining and introduce deemed to satisfy installation requirements for vacuum drainage systems installed within properties (AS/NZS 3500.2:2015).
- To define requirements relating to plastic pipes in direct sunlight, circulatory heated water, thermostatically controlled taps and clarification of jointing methods (AS/NZS 3500.4:2015).
The above are all called up in the Plumbing Code of Australia and are part of the plumbing regulatory framework in Victoria.
Visit the Standards Australia website for a copy of the draft standards and information on how to comment.
Submissions will be accepted until 7 December 2017.