Documents you need to supply for your plumbing registration application

5. Documents

Along with the printed and signed Plumbing Registration Application form, you will also need to provide certified copies of documentation supporting your application.

  • Certificate II or Certificate III in plumbing related work
  • Record of your results that states the units of competency you achieved.
  • 'Completion of Apprenticeship letter' from the Victorian Registration & Qualifications Authority (VRQA) or from the relevant agency in the state/territory in which you completed your apprenticeship.
  • Proof of identity documentation.

All of these must be certified copies of the original (do not send the originals). See page 3 of the application form for a list of people who can certify a document for you.

To have a document correctly certified:

  • Photocopy the original document.
  • Take both the original and the photocopy to an authorised person.
  • Ask the authorised person to (on EVERY page):
    • write 'I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original'
    • write their name
    • sign each statement.