5. Required documents
Along with the printed and signed Plumbing Registration Application form, you will also need to provide certified copies of documentation supporting your application:
- Certificate II or Certificate III in plumbing-related work
- Record of your results that states the units of competency you achieved.
- 'Completion of Apprenticeship letter' from the Victorian Registration & Qualifications Authority (VRQA) or from the relevant agency in the state/territory in which you completed your apprenticeship.
- Proof of identity documentation.
All of these must be certified copies of the original (do not send the originals). See page 3 of the application form for a list of people who can certify a document for you.
To have a document correctly certified:
- Photocopy the original document.
- Take both the original and the photocopy to an authorised person.
- Ask the authorised person to do the following on every page:
- Write "I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original."
- Write their name
- Sign each statement.