What happens after you apply?
7. What happens after you apply?
Once you apply for registration in a class (or specialised class) of plumbing work in Victoria, the VBA will assess whether you are eligible for registration.
The VBA's assessment process is comprehensive and rigorous. We assess your Plumbing Registration Application in the following stages:
- We check you have submitted all the necessary information with your application.
- We check the accuracy of your submitted information and we work out whether you are likely to meet the minimum knowledge and experience requirements to progress to the next stage.
- We review your application and documents in depth, and may interview you.
- We make a decision on your application.
Depending on your qualifications, skills and work experience, we may ask you for further information to help our assessment. You may be required to do one or more of the following:
- Supply more information
- Attend an interview
- Attend an examination.
We will send our request by letter or email.
If we accept your application
We will send you an acceptance letter to explain what happens next.
If we do not accept your application for registration
We will send you a letter to explain if any information is missing and that you may resubmit the application. In this case, please re-send us:
- Your Plumbing Registration Application Form
- All required supporting documents; and
- The application fee.
If we accept your resubmitted application, we will send you an acceptance letter to explain what happens next.
If we still do not accept your application, we will let you know by letter.