PIP quarterly reports
The VBA’s Proactive Inspections Program helps ensure the safety of Victoria’s construction industry.
We have a team of expert building and plumbing inspectors that typically look at more than 1,000 sites each month. This work means we can identify potential faults earlier, when they are easier to fix, and that the burden of fixing them sits with the builder rather than the owner.
PIP also provides a level playing field for all builders and plumbers who produce high-quality work.
It’s all part of our goal to empower and educate both practitioners and consumers, supporting a robust and high-quality construction sector.
You can learn more about this program, and the issues most commonly found, in our latest quarterly report.
View the Quarterly Reports.
Compliance & Enforcement reports
Building Surveyor Audit Program reports
The Building Surveyor Audit Program (BSAP) is a regulatory initiative that seeks to identify and reduce non-compliant building work in Victoria. The program involves the desktop review of building permit and occupancy permit documentation to ensure registered building surveyors are carrying out their functions correctly.
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) publishes reports describing its regulatory activities undertaken and the impacts achieved, which contribute towards the VBA being recognised as a trusted and effective regulator of the building and plumbing industries.
VBA Annual Reports
The VBA’s Annual Report for 2020-21 was tabled in State Parliament on Thursday, 18 November 2021.
Information on our financial year consultancy expenditure (PDF, 115.83 KB) (where total fees are $10,000 or more) is also available.
Past annual reports
- VBA Annual Report 2019–20 (PDF, 4522.64 KB)
- VBA Annual Report 2018–19 (PDF, 1222.12 KB)
- VBA Annual Report 2017–18 (PDF, 6784.11 KB)
- VBA Annual Report 2016–17 (PDF, 719.89 KB)
- VBA Annual Report 2015–16 (PDF, 1257.41 KB)
- VBA Annual Report 2014–15 (PDF, 1373.89 KB)
- VBA Annual Report 2013–14 (PDF, 1142.54 KB)
Annual reports from the former Building Commission and Plumbing Industry Commission are available from the Victorian Government Library Service.
Past consultancy expenditure
- Consultancy Expenditure 2020–21 (PDF, 143.7 KB)
- Consultancy Expenditure 2019–20 (PDF, 115.83 KB)
- Consultancy Expenditure 2018–19 (PDF, 90.09 KB)
- Consultancy Expenditure 2017–18 (PDF, 73.03 KB)