BAMS Privacy Data Collection Notice
HOW THE VBA USES AND DISCLOSES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Victorian Building Authority (ABN 78 790 711 883) (VBA) is a body corporate established under the Building Act 1993 (Vic) (Act). The VBA’s contact information is as follows:
- Address: Goods Shed North, 733 Bourke Street, Docklands Vic 3008.
- Telephone: 1300 815 127
The personal information you provide directly to the VBA, or indirectly through your appointed building surveyor or agent, including any images or photographs and any and all details provided will be used by the VBA to carry out its functions to accept and assess applications for a Building Permit Number under Division 3AA, Part 3 the Building Act 1993 (the Act);
The VBA may also use such information for the following purposes:
- to enable the VBA to meet its statutory obligations or functions, including to receive payment for and, where relevant, reassessment of building permit levy;
- monitoring compliance with the Act and associated regulations and standards, investigating suspected breaches of the Act and regulations and carrying out law enforcement activities by the VBA, including prosecuting offences or taking disciplinary action against you;
- referral of matters to other regulatory bodies where a matter of compliance is outside the remit of the VBA;
- research, planning, to meet the VBA’s operational requirements, assessing the merit and impact of proposed regulatory reforms and to assist in the development and delivery of services by the VBA;
- such other purposes as required by law or authorised under the privacy legislation.
The VBA may also share your personal information with third parties including, but not limited to, different business units within the VBA, the Building Appeals Board, Consumer Affairs Victoria, the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority, your insurer, other regulators (both in Victoria and interstate), your clients and the VBA’s staff and/or service providers who need to know such information to perform services for the VBA.
The VBA will only disclose your personal information to a third party claiming to act on your behalf (for example, your solicitor or interpreter) with your prior written consent.
You can request access to the personal information which the VBA holds about you. If you become aware that personal information the VBA holds about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, you can ask the VBA to correct it.