A registered draftsperson is responsible for preparing plans for building work or preparing documentation relating to building permits or permit applications.
There are three classes of draftsperson in which you can apply to register:
- Building design (architectural)
- Building design (interior)
- Building design (services)
Do you have the skills, knowledge and experience to apply for registration as a draftsperson? To learn more, read the guide to registration: What is draftsperson work?
Start your application
Save and complete the following relevant forms on your computer (do not handwrite; it will take longer to process). The application form includes a checklist on the front page to assist you with the process.
If you are in a partnership
Each partner of the partnership applying for registration must complete a separate Partner’s Declaration (PDF, 321.51 KB).
Experience statements and Technical referee reports
You must complete and submit both an Experience statement and a Technical referee report for every category you seek to be registered in.
Draftsperson – building design (architectural)
- Experience Statement – Draftsperson – Building Design (Architectural) (PDF, 837.51 KB)
- Technical Referee Report – Draftsperson – Building Design (Architectural) (PDF, 837.27 KB)
Draftsperson – building design (interior)
- Experience Statement – Draftsperson – Building Design (Interior) (PDF, 834.65 KB)
- Technical Referee Report – Draftsperson – Building Design (Interior) (PDF, 1120.96 KB) (updated Oct 2019)