Building Mutual Recognition

1. Building Mutual Recognition

The Mutual Recognition Act 1992 (MRA) entitles people holding an occupational licence or registration in one state or territory (or New Zealand) to an equivalent licence in another state or territory provided the work is licensed in both.

If you hold a registration, licence, permit or authorisation to carry out building work in another Australian State, Territory or in New Zealand, you may apply for registration to undertake that work in Victoria.

Similarly, if you are looking to work outside Victoria, you may apply for mutual recognition of your Victorian registration in other Australian States, Territories or in New Zealand.