Single Site Transfers
If your transfer relates to a single site, please follow the process below.
To transfer building surveyor functions, the transferring building surveyor must:
- Gain consent to the transfer from both the new building surveyor and the person who appointed the original building surveyor.
- Complete the Authority to Transfer Form (Applicable for Single Site Transfers only) and provide it to the new building surveyor.
The new building surveyor must:
- Complete their section of the Authority to Transfer Form.
- Log on to BAMS and select ‘Transfer of Function’.
- Select the Transfer of Function button.
- Complete the online form and upload the completed Authority to Transfer Form.
If various open building permits will be transferred to different building surveyors, a separate Authority to Transfer Form will need to be completed for each new building surveyor receiving the functions transferred.
- Select ‘Next’ and a case will be created and assigned to a VBA staff member.
The transfer of building surveyor functions takes effect on the latest of:
- the date a copy of the Transfer Form is given to the VBA; or
- the date a copy of the Transfer Form is given to the relevant Council; or
- the date specified in the Transfer Form on which the transfer is to take effect.