What happens after you apply?
5. What happens after you apply?
Once we have received your application for registration in a category / class of building practitioner, we will check you have completed the application form correctly and submitted the required documents.
If we do not accept your application
We will send you a letter to explain what information is missing. Once you have obtained the required information, you can resubmit your application by re-sending:
- your registration application form;
- all required supporting documents; and
- the application fee.
If we accept your resubmitted application, we will send you an acceptance letter to explain what happens next.
If we still do not accept your application, we will let you know by letter.
If we accept your application
We will send you an acceptance letter to explain what happens next.
How we assess your application
- We check the accuracy of your submitted information, and we work out whether you have demonstrated the required experience relevant to the category and class of building practitioner you are applying to be registered in to progress to the next stage.
- We review your application and supporting documents in depth. We may require you to:
- sit a computer-based open book exam (multiple choice format)
- plan checking exercises
- have a face-to-face interview with an accredited competency assessor.
- If we are going to recommend that you have the required knowledge and experience for registration, we will write to you to request that you provide proof that you are covered by the required insurance.
- We make a recommendation whether your application should be granted or not.
Throughout this process, we may ask you for further information to help our assessment. We may send our request by letter or email. We may refuse your application if you do not provide any additional information we have requested.