SOP claimant

Serving a payment claim under the SOP Act is like sending an invoice.

Before preparing a payment claim, you should check that a construction contract (whether written, oral or a combination of both) to carry out work or supply related goods or services exists.

You cannot make a payment claim for a contract for domestic building work with a building owner unless the building owner is in the business of building residences and the contract is entered into in the course of or in connection with that business.

This situation comes under the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995.

Further information for SOP claimants can be found here: