Combustible cladding inspections continue
The Statewide Cladding Audit has resumed building inspections during coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, with appropriate protective equipment and social distancing measures in place. Read more.
Acquittal Guidelines for Councils
The Acquittal Guides have superseded previous Council Guides that were provided by the VBA. The Enforcement Guide is complimentary to the Acquittal Guides. Please note that these guides are used by the VBA and councils may have their own guidelines and policies which may differ to these.
Building notices and orders
Learn about the different notices and orders issued in the Victorian Statewide Cladding Audit.
Essential safety measures
Essential Safety Measures (ESMs) are specific safety features in a building which are designed to protect occupants in the event of a fire. They commonly include fire detection and alarm systems, fire doors, emergency lighting and fire hydrants.
Find out about more about ESMs and their maintenance and compliance requirements by reading our fact sheets below.
- What are Essential Safety Measures (ESMs)? (PDF, 1080.9 KB)
- Essential Safety Measures - Buildings (PDF, 1172.33 KB)
- (العربية) – Arabic (PDF, 733.46 KB)
- (中文繁體（粵語）) – Chinese (Traditional) (PDF, 864.51 KB)
- (中文简体 （国语）) – Chinese (Simplified) (PDF, 793.61 KB)
- (Filipino/Tagalog) – Filipino/Tagalog (PDF, 661.95 KB)
- (Ελληνικά) – Greek (PDF, 710.11 KB)
- (हिन्दी) – Hindi (PDF, 918.48 KB)
- (Italiano) – Italian (PDF, 659.25 KB)
- (bahasa) - Malaysian (PDF, 659.44 KB)
- ( नेपाली) - Nepalese (PDF, 828.72 KB)
- (فارسی) – Persian (PDF, 735.7 KB)
- (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ) – Punjabi (PDF, 783.69 KB)
- (සිංහල) - Sinhalese (PDF, 961.1 KB)
- (español) - Spanish (PDF, 661.42 KB)
- ( ภาษาไทย) - Thai (PDF, 705.78 KB)
- (اردو زبان۔) - Urdu (PDF, 739.34 KB)
- (Tiếng Việt) – Vietnamese (PDF, 284.06 KB)
Residents, occupants, owners corporations and building managers of multi-storey buildings should use the below fire safety resources as a guide to help reduce the risk of fire.
Learn about combustible cladding by reading the fact sheets below.
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) (PDF, 811.36 KB)
- Aluminium composite panels (ACP) (PDF, 733.02 KB)
- Product identification testing (PDF, 1150.71 KB)
Cladding rectification agreements
Learn about Cladding rectification agreements
Read our case studies to find out about potential scenarios for fixing the cladding on a building.
Guidelines restricting the use of ACP and EPS cladding
The Minister for Planning announced a prohibition (PDF, 485.37 KB) on the use of the external wall cladding products ACP and EPS for any building work in connection with buildings of Type A and Type B construction, effective 1 February 2021.