You intend to cancel your building work or building permit

If you are planning to cancel your building work and/or permit and have no intention of proceeding with the building work, you are required to notify the relevant council and the VBA.

To notify the VBA, please complete this form:

Send the completed form to:

Victorian Building Authority
GPO Box 536
Melbourne VIC 3001

Or email:

If you intend to complete the project at a later date, the appointment of the relevant building surveyor remains in place.

Please note: If there is current enforcement action in place, we may not accept the application.