Changes to registration requirements for domestic building work under $10,000

Tuesday, 22 August 2017

If you are a domestic builder or draftsperson, you now only need to be registered by the Victorian Building Authority if you want to carry out work costing more than $10,000. That means from now on, consumers only to need check if a practitioner is registered if they have a job quoted as costing over $10,000. The previous threshold for registration was $5,000. These changes are part of the Building Interim Regulations 2017 and started on 1 August 2017. Practitioners still need to be registered to carry out re-blocking, re-stumping or demolishing, regardless of cost.

Visit the VBA website to find out more about registration and the latest changes to building regulations.

Return to the latest news Arrow right