Faster processing times for company registration
Friday, 26 October 2018
The Victorian Building Authority has received a higher than expected number of company registration applications since 1 July 2018 and, as a result, has revised its original processing timeframes.
Currently, timeframes for processing these applications are six to eight weeks. In response, the VBA is implementing a range of improvements to reduce application processing times to two to three weeks.
The VBA expects these improvements will be in place within 4 weeks of this notice.
How can you help the VBA process your application as quickly as possible?
To ensure a smoother registration process:
- Complete your national police check in a timely manner.
- Ensure your application form is completed accurately before submitting.
- Ensure all current directors complete the Director’s Declaration as required.
- Respond efficiently if the VBA requests additional information.
If you are renewing your application:
- Ensure you submit your renewal application prior to your company registration expiry date.
- By doing this, your company’s registration will remain valid while we assess your renewal application.
- If your renewal application is submitted after your company registration expiry date, your registration will no longer be valid and your application will be treated as a new application.
The VBA is currently contacting all practitioners who have submitted a valid company registration renewal application to confirm that they can continue using their company’s registration number to:
- enter into major domestic building contracts;
- be named as a builder on a building permit for major domestic building work or any other work costing more than $10,000; or
- be appointed as a relevant building surveyor (if their individual registration allows this).
We appreciate your patience, while we work to deliver process improvements that will ensure the VBA delivers a quality and timely service for the building industry.
If you have any questions, please contact the VBA Customer Service Centre by calling 1300 815 127 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.