VBA Actions for the week ending Friday, 15 March 2019
Friday, 15 March 2019
- Pool owners appeared in the Heidelberg Magistrates’ Court on 6 March 2019. They pleaded guilty to one charge each of failing to comply with a Building Order. The Magistrate found the matters proven and, without conviction, imposed on each a six-month Good Behaviour Bond. Each party was ordered to pay costs to the VBA.
- A person holding himself out to be a practitioner appeared in the Bendigo Magistrates’ Court. He was represented and entered guilty pleas to all seven charges. The matters were found proven and an aggregate fine of $3000 plus costs was imposed.
- A home owner appeared in the Ringwood Magistrates’ Court. He pleaded guilty to one charge of failing to comply with a Building Order. The Magistrate imposed a fine of $1000 plus costs to be paid to the VBA.
Show Cause Notices
- Two show cause notices were issued, arising out of alleged non-compliance by building practitioners, with orders issued by Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria.
- 67 inspections completed in 20 municipalities.
- Audits – 184
- Inspections – 23