VBA Actions for the week ending Friday, 22 March 2019
Friday, 22 March 2019
- A plumber was fined $805.95 for having an unregistered and unlicensed plumber on-site installing roofing material. The unlicensed/unregistered worker was previously fined $1000 in the Wangaratta Magistrates’ Court and ordered to pay the VBA’s costs.
- A practitioner was fined $2901.42 for installing a heating unit when not holding the correct licence. The practitioner was suspended for two years from working in the classes of gasfitting and water supply. He was suspended, effective immediately, for carrying out gasfitting work while unlicensed. He was also fined $3220.83 and formally reprimanded.
Show Cause Notices
- 1 x show cause notice for alleged breaches contravening the Building Act or Building Regulations, including carrying out functions and failing to carry out work in a competent manner and to a professional standard.
Notices of Decision
- 1 x DB-U was reprimanded, required to complete a training course and fined $1000. The matters are subject to appeal.
Permit Levy Audits
- Site visits to a registered building surveyor: 1
- Permit levy audits completed: 4
- 141 inspections in 21 municipalities
- 10 building orders for minor works issued
- Audits: 263
- Inspections: 13