VBA Actions for the week ending Friday, 9 August 2019
Tuesday, 13 August 2019
Show Cause Notices
- One Show Cause Notice issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One Notice of Decision issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One Immediate Suspension issued.
- Three warning letters issued.
- Thirteen site visits to train building surveyors.
- Five matters were mentioned in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria.
- In one of these matters, a diversion plan was imposed on the accused, requiring him to be of good behaviour for 12 months, repay monies to the complainant and not undertake any building or plumbing work unless he is properly registered with the VBA.
- The High Court of Australia dismissed an appeal by the Victorian Building Authority.
- One matter was withdrawn from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- 228 inspections across 27 municipalities.
- One Building Order – Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 90
- Re-audits: 25
- Inspections: 15
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 9 inspections were conducted, four within the City of Melbourne and five in other municipalities.
- 11 expert panels were held, from which four buildings were rated High risk, five were rated Moderate and two were rated Low.
- Three inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 12 August 2019.