VBA Actions for the week ending 11 October 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
- Three show cause notices were issued.
- Two notices of decision were issued.
- Four matters were scheduled in the Magistrates’ Court. Two were adjourned and two were finalised.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- Two matters were finalised after being withdrawn by the applicant:
- Basiri v VBA – VCAT Ref Z619/2019
- Penna v VBA – VCAT Ref Z544/2019
- Two administrative mentions were held.
- Two directions hearings were undertaken.
- One compulsory conference was held.
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- One hearing and two teleconferences were held.
- One application was heard.
- Seven directions hearings involving the VBA were held.
Building Appeals Board matters
- One matter was finalised: 32 and 32A Foch Street Reservoir.
- 215 inspections across 27 municipalities.
- Audits: 169
- Re-audits: 29
- Inspections: 42
- Re-inspections: 2
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 14 inspections were completed, 12 within the City of Melbourne and two in other municipalities.
- Eight expert panels were conducted. From these, one building was rated extreme risk, four were rated high, one was rated moderate and two were rated low.
- 12 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 14 October 2019.