VBA Actions for the week ending 18 October 2019
There were six matters in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria – two related to plumbing and four related to building.
- Both plumbing matters were heard in the Wodonga Magistrates’ Court. Guilty pleas were entered for both matters, with both of the accused receiving undertakings to be of good behaviour.
- One building matter was finalised ex parte at the Ringwood Magistrates’ Court. The accused received a fine without conviction.
- Two matters were scheduled to be heard at the Geelong Magistrates’ Court. One was withdrawn following extensive work to resolve the matter. In the second matter, a guilty plea was entered, resulting in a small fine without conviction and a 12-month undertaking to be of good behaviour.
- The fourth matter was adjourned at the Frankston Magistrates’ Court.
Investigations – Building
- One warning letter was sent to a building practitioner.
- Two Notices of Decision were issued.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- One matter was withdrawn (Cameron, Simon v VBA – VCAT Z762/2019).
- One matter was finalised (Mattiske, Simon v VBA – VCAT Ref Z613/2018).
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- One matter was resolved by consent (Ferrantino, Timothy v VBA – AAT 2019/4867).
- 211 inspections across 30 municipalities.
- Audits: 217
- Re-audits: 27
- Inspections: 30
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 10 inspections were completed, nine within the City of Melbourne and one in another municipality.
- Nine expert panels were conducted. From these, six buildings were rated high risk, two were rated moderate and one was rated low.
- 19 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 21 October 2019.