VBA Actions for the week ending 20 December 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Investigations – Building
- Warning letters issued: 1
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 4
- Notices of Decision issued: 4
- An unregistered building company was fined $2500 plus $826 in costs for promoting itself as qualified to carry out building work in Victoria.
- A builder with more than 30 years’ experience was fined $10,000 plus $946 in costs for carrying out domestic building work while unregistered and uninsured, and without a building permit.
- 250 inspections across 24 municipalities.
- Audits: 170
- Re-audits: 51
- Inspections: 14