VBA Actions for the week ending 22 November 2019
Investigations – Building
- Warning letters issued: 2
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 3
- Show Cause Notices issued: 2
- Notices of Decision issued: 2
- A carpenter was fined $2000 and ordered to pay costs of $995 for carrying out building and plumbing work while unregistered and unlicensed, and working without the required insurance. The accused pleaded guilty to three charges in the Frankston Magistrates’ Court on 21 November.
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- Abdou, Mouhammed – AAT 2017/2286
- Caccamo, Anthony v VBA – AAT 2017/0825
- Le Roux, Jacques v VBA – AAT 2018/6910
- Romeo, Michael v VBA – AAT 2017/3554
- Safak, Mehet v VBA – AAT 2017/3353
- Strachan, Ben v VBA – AAT 2017/1328, 1329 & 1331.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- Arnold, Ivan v VBA – VCAT Z830/2019 – matter struck out for non-payment of fees.
- Draper, Shannon v VBA – VCAT Z219/2019 – matter finalised.
- 183 inspections across 27 municipalities.
- Building Orders – Minor Work issued: 1
- Audits: 196
- Re-audits: 41
- Inspections: 25
- Re-inspections: 3
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 20 inspections were completed across six municipalities.
- Six expert panels were conducted. From these, one building was rated high risk, four were rated moderate and one was rated low.
- Six inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 25 November 2019.