VBA Actions for the week ending 25 October 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Investigations – Plumbing
- One warning letter was issued.
- One building practitioner was immediately suspended.
- One Show Cause Notice was issued.
- 215 inspections across 26 municipalities.
- One Building Notice was issued.
- Audits: 204
- Re-audits: 30
- Inspections: 29
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 19 inspections were completed, eight within the City of Melbourne and 11 in other municipalities.
- 14 expert panels were conducted. From these, four buildings were rated high risk, six were rated moderate and four were rated low.
- 11 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 28 October 2019.