VBA Actions for the week ending 26 July 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Show Cause Notices
- One show cause notice issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One warning letter issued.
- Four plumbing inquiries completed.
- 17 site visits to train building surveyors.
- 170 inspections across 24 municipalities.
- One Building Order – Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 92
- Re-audits: 20
- Inspections: 15
- Re-inspections: 4
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 40 inspections were completed: five within the City of Melbourne and 35 in other municipalities.
- 12 panels were completed, of which two were rated Extreme risk, nine were rated High and one was rated Moderate.