VBA Actions for the week ending 29 March 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Show Cause Notices
- One show cause notice for alleged breaches of the Building Act and Building Regulations, including failing to carry out work in a competent manner and to a professional standard.
Notices of Decision
- One DB-M &/or DB-U was reprimanded, is required to complete training, has been fined $9500 and has been partially suspended (DB-U & DB-M) for breaches of the Building Act and Building Regulations.
- Two matters were resolved at VCAT.
Permit Levy audits
- Site visits to a registered building surveyor: 2
- Permit levy audits completed: 2
- 130 inspections in 27 municipalities.
- Two building orders for minor works issued.
- Audits: 232
- Inspections: 38