VBA Actions for the week ending 29 November 2019
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 1
- Show Cause Notices issued: 3
- Notices of Decision issued: 2
- A building professional was convicted and fined $2500 after pleading guilty to five charges relating to the renovation of a laundry, bathroom and en suite. He was also ordered to pay $2500 in costs to the VBA.
- Audit site visits: 1
- Audits completed: 3
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
Matters finalised by orders:
- Cannizaro, Robert v VBA – AAT ref. 2017/7737
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- Cilmi, Anthony v VBA – VCAT ref. Z583/2019 – matter withdrawn by applicant.
- 203 inspections across 33 municipalities.
- Building Orders – Minor Work issued: 6
- Audits: 233
- Re-audits: 17
- Inspections: 30
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Seven inspections were completed across seven municipalities.
- Five expert panels were conducted. From these, one building was rated extreme risk, two were rated high and two were rated moderate.
- Seven inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 2 December 2019.