VBA Actions for the week ending 8 November 2019
Investigations – Plumbing
- One warning letter was issued.
- Two Show Cause Notices were issued.
- A tradesman was convicted and fined $95,000 for demolishing two houses in Springvale and one house in Noble Park in 2013 and 2017 respectively.
- Two other matters were adjourned. In one of these, a person was arrested and bailed to attend court in response to an arrest warrant issued in August last year.
- Audit site visits: 1
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
Three matters were finalised:
- Barakat, Ahmad v VBA – AAT ref. 2018/2236
- Friscic, John Anthony v VBA – AAT ref. 2019/6203
- Ruzeu, Paul v VBA – AAT ref. 2018/2964
- 125 inspections across 25 municipalities.
- One Building Order for Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 156
- Re-audits: 38
- Inspections: 25
- Re-inspections: 2