VBA Actions for the week ending Friday 12 July 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
- One matter was finalised at VCAT.
Compliance and enforcement
- Site visits to train building surveyors: 11
- One warning letter issued to a building practitioner.
- 198 inspections completed in 28 municipalities.
- One Building Order for Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 91
- Re-audits: 15
- Inspections: 17
- Re-inspections: 2
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 19 inspections completed across seven municipalities.
- Five buildings assessed by an expert panel.
- One building identified as being of extreme risk.
- 11 inspections currently scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 15 July 2019.