VBA Actions for the week ending Friday, 13 September 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
- Three Show Cause Notices issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One Notice of Decision issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One warning letter issued.
- Five warning letters issued.
- Five matters were heard in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria. Three were finalised.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- One hearing was held, with the Tribunal reserving its decision.
- One compulsory conference was held, in which the matter was settled.
Building Appeals Board matters
- One hearing was held, with the BAB reserving its decision.
- One matter was finalised, with a fine imposed.
- One matter was adjourned, with the panel directing the practitioner to attend, given the serious nature of the offending.
- 270 inspections across 21 municipalities.
- Audits: 199
- Re-audits: 41
- Inspections: 32
- Re-inspections: 2
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 23 inspections were completed, three within the City of Melbourne and 20 in other municipalities.
- Six expert panels were conducted. Of these, one building was rated extreme risk, four were rated high risk and one was rated moderate risk.
- 12 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 16 September 2019.