VBA Actions for the week ending Friday 16 August 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Show Cause Notices
- Two Show Cause Notices issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One Notice of Decision issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- One Immediate Suspension issued.
- Two warning letters issued.
- Nine site visits to train building surveyors.
- One matter was dismissed by consent at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- 226 inspections across 27 municipalities.
- Four Building Orders for Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 134
- Re-audits: 21
- Inspections: 25
- Re-inspections: 0
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 17 inspections were completed, three within the City of Melbourne and 14 in other municipalities.
- Nine expert panels were conducted. From these, three buildings were rated high risk, three were rated moderate risk and three were rated low risk.
- 18 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 19 August 2019.