VBA Actions for the week ending Friday, 20 September 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
- One warning letter issued.
- One building matter was finalised in the Magistrates’ Court by way of diversion.
- The Levy Audit team has completed its educational visits to building surveyors, conducting a total of 230 site visits.
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- Two matters were finalised by consent.
- One matter was struck out by orders.
Building Appeals Board matters
- Two hearings were held. The Board will hand down its decisions in the next few weeks.
- 159 inspections across 23 municipalities.
- One Building Order – Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 191
- Re-audits: 29
- Inspections: 14
- Re-inspections: 4
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 16 inspections were completed, three within the City of Melbourne and 13 in other municipalities.
- Nine expert panels were conducted. From these, one building was rated extreme risk, two were rated high risk and five were rated moderate risk. One building was deemed out of scope.
- Eight inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 23 September 2019.