VBA Actions for the week ending Friday 28 June 2019
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Show cause notices
- Nine show cause notices were issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and Domestic Building Contracts Act.
Notices of decision
- Two notices of decision were issued for alleged breaches of the Building Act and the Domestic Building Contracts Act.
- Two matters were finalised at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- One application made against the VBA in the Supreme Court of Victoria was dismissed, with costs awarded to the VBA.
- Six matters went before the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria.
- Five matters were adjourned so further advice could be obtained.
- In one matter, the accused failed to attend Court. A warrant was issued for their arrest.
- Number of site visits to train building surveyors: 17
- 78 proactive inspections completed.
- One Building Order – Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 112
- Re-audits: 30
- Inspections: 9
- Re-inspections: 2