VBA Actions for the week ending Friday, 4 October 2019
- A builder’s commercial and domestic registrations were cancelled for three years, following suspension earlier this year.
- One Notice of Decision was issued.
Two matters were scheduled in the Magistrates’ Court.
- The accused did not attend in one of the matters, resulting in an arrest warrant being issued.
- The other second matter was adjourned.
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- One matter was struck out.
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- One decision was affirmed by the Tribunal.
- 277 inspections across 31 municipalities.
- Two Building Orders for Minor Works issued.
- Audits: 172
- Re-audits: 16
- Inspections: 14
- Re-inspections: 2
Statewide Cladding Audit
- 14 inspections were completed, eight within the City of Melbourne and six in other municipalities.
- Seven expert panels were conducted. Of these, five buildings were rated high risk and two were rated moderate.
- 15 inspections are scheduled for the week commencing Monday, 7 October 2019.