DELWP releases Options Paper for the registration and licensing of carpenters
The paper seeks to:
- communicate and seek feedback on options already identified by stakeholders
- draw out any new options and ideas for consideration that can be analysed in a regulatory impact statement; and
- seek feedback and information on other issues raised.
Options presented in the paper have been developed in consultation with key stakeholders over the past few months.
Have your say
Submissions on the Options Paper can be made by:
- uploading a submission document to the project’s webpage
- completing the online survey on the project’s webpage
- emailing a submission directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- posting a submission to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning marked:
Attention: Building Division
8 Nicholson Street
East Melbourne Victoria 3002.
Submissions are due by 5pm on Wednesday, 1 April 2020.
DELWP is conducting a number of workshops on the Options Paper in mid- to late March. Dates and venues are currently being finalised. To register your interest in attending, please email email@example.com.
Ideas and information raised during the consultation process, including those made in submissions on the Options Paper, will be used by DELWP to identify feasible options for consideration in a RIS to be released for public comment later this year.
Draft regulations showing the preferred option for implementing the new registration and licensing scheme for carpentry work will also be released with the RIS for comment.
DELWP anticipates that new regulations for carpentry work will be in place by 1 September 2020 to coincide with the commencement of the general framework in the Building Act. However, to give industry a chance to plan and prepare for change, the regulations, subject to consultation and implementation considerations, may commence at a later date (in 2021, for example).
Visit the Engage Victoria website to download the Options Paper, find answers to frequently asked questions and provide feedback.
For more information about this project, or to ask a question about the trades registration framework, please contact DELWP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.