VBA Actions for the week ending 19 June 2020
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 3
- Educational letters issued: 1
- Show Cause Notices issued: 2
- Notices of Decision issued: 1
- 346 inspections across 35 municipalities
- Building Orders for Minor Work issued: 2
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- A building practitioner who applied to VCAT for a review of his registration suspension decided to withdraw his application prior to the scheduled hearing date of 30 June 2020.
- Audits: 106
- Re-audits: 38
- Inspections: 25
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Inspections completed: 23
- Buildings assessed by Advisory Reference Panels: 12
- Of the buildings assessed by ARPs, eight were rated higher risk, and four were rated moderate.