VBA Actions for the week ending 22 May 2020
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Investigations – Building
- Prosecutions initiated: 1
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 2
- Educational letters issued: 1
- Show Cause Notices issued: 2
Building Appeals Board matters
- Review of decision not to grant consent to termination of a relevant building surveyor (40 Glenbarry Road, Campbellfield – BAB Case No. 452124). Matter finalised by orders.
- 332 inspections across 25 municipalities.
- Building Orders for Minor Work issued: 2
- Building Notices issued: 2
- Audits: 141
- Re-audits: 48
- Inspections: 27
- Re-inspections: 3
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Inspections completed: 16
- Buildings assessed by Advisory Reference Panels: 9
- From the panels, five buildings were rated higher risk and four were rated moderate.