VBA Actions for the week ending 24 July 2020
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 1
- Show Cause Notices issued: 2
- Notices of Decision issued: 1
- Letters issued before immediate suspension for registration/licensing matters: 6
- 310 inspections across 30 municipalities
- Building Orders for Minor Work issued: 3
Administrative Appeals Tribunal matters
- Hermiz, Isaac v VBA – AAT ref. 2020/2174 – finalised by Orders.
- Audits: 114
- Re-audits: 25
- Inspections: 18
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Inspections completed: 19
- Buildings assessed by Advisory Reference Panels: 7
- Of the buildings assessed by ARPs, five were rated high risk and two were rated moderate.