VBA Actions for the week ending 28 February 2020
A summary of VBA prosecutions, show cause notices, notices of decision, permit levy audits, proactive inspections and plumbing activities for the week.
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 1
- Show cause notices issued: 2
- Letters sent before immediate suspension for registration/licensing matters: 13
- Number of Audit site visits: 2
- One matter was heard at the Ringwood Magistrates’ Court. The accused entered a guilty plea.
- Two matters were adjourned at the Sunshine Magistrates’ Court. The VBA is considering a written request for a Diversion in relation to one of the matters.
- A builder failed to attend the Sunshine Magistrates’ Court to answer charges on summons. A warrant was issued.
- 230 inspections across 29 municipalities.
- Audits: 137
- Re-audits: 19
- Inspections: 27
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Three inspections were completed across three municipalities.
- One expert panel was conducted, with the building rated extreme risk.