VBA Actions for the week ending 7 February 2020
Investigations – Building
- Prosecutions initiated: 3
Investigations – Plumbing
- Warning letters issued: 2
- Show cause notices issued: 4
- Notices of decision: 1
- Immediate suspensions: 4
- Letters issued before immediate suspension action: 1
- Number of Audit site visits: 2
- An unregistered builder pleaded guilty to one charge of representing themselves as a registered domestic builder able to carry out building work in that class. The matter was adjourned without conviction until 5 February 2021 on the basis that the accused is of good behaviour during the adjournment period. The accused was also ordered to pay the VBA’s costs of $948.
Building Appeals Board matters
Matters finalised by orders:
- Mandy-Leigh Gallagher v VBA re 7 Foreshore Court Point Cook – BAB Case No. 451953
- 264 inspections across 28 municipalities.
- Building Orders for Minor Work issued: 2
- Audits: 161
- Re-audits: 16
- Inspections: 14
- Re-inspections: 1
Statewide Cladding Audit
- Four inspections were completed across three municipalities.
- Two expert panels were conducted, with one rated extreme risk and the other found to be out of the Audit’s scope.