VBA building expert on hand to advise on rebuilding
Peter is a registered building surveyor and domestic builder, and previously assisted residents after the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires and the 2015 Wye River/Separation Creek bushfire.
He is available from 1 pm to 5 pm Tuesday to Friday to provide advice on:
- building or rebuilding in a bushfire-prone area
- Bushfire Attack Level assessments (what they are and what they mean)
- building permit applications and documentation requirements
- using a registered building designer, surveyor and builder
- domestic building insurance (also known as builders’ warranty insurance)
- owner-builder responsibilities
- Occupancy Permits or Certificates of Final Inspection
- timelines to commence and complete building work
- private bushfire shelters
- emergency accommodation structures (short-term modular housing)
- building disputes and issues encountered during construction.
To contact Peter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video conferencing is available by appointment.