Important COVID-19 update: COVIDSafe restrictions have eased
The changes which came into effect from 11.59pm Thursday 21 October include:
- All construction projects (large scale, small scale construction and early stage land development projects) can return to 100 per cent of their workforce.
- Workers at all construction sites will need to adhere to the schedule in the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Directions, requiring them to have had their first COVID-19 vaccination dose by 22 October 2021, and a second COVID-19 vaccination dose by 13 November 2021, unless a valid medical exemption applies.
- Construction, building and non-essential maintenance work can also recommence at occupied premises in metropolitan Melbourne. This will mean:
- Workers will be able to work both indoors and outdoors at occupied premises.
- Workers can work in occupied premises where the work must take place in the home, for example, cleaning, maintenance and renovations.
For more information about work at occupied premises and workforce limits, read the Construction sector page – Frequently asked questions.
The next milestone in Victoria’s Roadmap to Deliver the National Plan will be when Victoria hits the 80 per cent double dose vaccination target, which is predicted to be the first week of November.
The more Victorians who get vaccinated, the sooner we will hit the next target and further restrictions will ease.
For more information about the Roadmap or to book a vaccination, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au