Mutual Recognition

1. Mutual Recognition

The Mutual Recognition Act 1992 permits people holding a registration, licence, permit or authorisation to carry out building work in another Australian State, Territory or in New Zealand, to apply for a registration/licence to undertake that work in Victoria.

You must have a current interstate or New Zealand registration, licence, permit or authorisation in order to gain registration or licence as a plumbing practitioner in Victoria via the Mutual Recognition scheme, and that authorisation must be equivalent to a Victorian licence or registration.

Similarly, if you are looking to work outside Victoria, you may apply for mutual recognition of your Victorian registration or licence in other Australian States, Territories or in New Zealand.

Next: Apply