Code of Conduct for building surveyors
View our new code, which will apply to all registered building surveyors in Victoria
Surveyor renewals and other requirements
This section contains essential information for registered building surveyors. This includes information on your ongoing responsibilities to continue carrying out your work, such as:
- requirements for your annual fee and insurance check
- how to renew your registration every five years
- how to update your contact details with the VBA
- how to surrender your registration
- insurance requirements
- building order referrals
- Directions to Fix notifications
- Section 33 notifications
- Transfer of function
If you are already registered as a building surveyor in another state or territory or New Zealand and would like to become registered in Victoria, see Mutual recognition for building surveyors.
For the latest information on regulations affecting the building industry, visit the Building regulatory framework section of the website.
For useful building industry resources, visit the Practice notes and resources section.