Building Surveyor Career Pathways
We're currently recruiting for 2021!
About the program
The Building Surveyor Career Pathways Program is a new initiative designed to provide final year students and graduates with an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge in a dynamic environment and gain invaluable on-the-job experience. A joint partnership between the Victorian Building Authority, Victorian Managed Insurance Authority and Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria, the Program has been developed to create more career pathways for up and coming building surveyors and provide further support for the future generation of our industry.
The Victorian Building Authority Regulates the building and plumbing industries to protect the community, empower practitioners and ensure a safe built environment for all Victorians.
Victorian Managed Insurance Authority is the Victorian Government's insurer and risk adviser. We have offered domestic building insurance (DBI) in Victoria, providing cover to homeowners for incomplete or defective building work since May 2010.
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria are an independent government agency designed to help resolve domestic building disputes.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Support with training, development and mentoring to develop valued work skills
- Varied work experience opportunities through business unit rotations across the Victorian Building Authority, Victorian Managed Insurance Authority and Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria
- Technical experience aligned to the requirements of registration in the categories of building inspectors and surveyors
- Exposure to the operation of the regulatory framework from a variety of different perspectives, through both internal and external rotations
- An opportunity to clearly define a career path as each rotation introduces new people, processes and disciplines
Placements will be between 12 to 18 months in duration commencing in January 2021.
Candidates will be offered a salary aligned to the Victorian Public Service remuneration framework. This salary will be negotiated with the individual upon commencing and includes Superannuation contributions. Successful candidates will have their salaries reviewed in line with the timelines and increases outlined in the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement.
Am I eligible?
Eligible candidates include:
- Students completing their final year of study (or equivalent course units) in a recognised Building Surveying course and who are on track to graduate within 12 months of intake into the Program
- Graduate candidates who can demonstrate completion of a recognised Building Surveying qualification
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Australia
- Applications must demonstrate sound commitment to furthering your career in building surveying
Register your interest
To register your interest in the Building Surveyor Career Pathways program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- What course you currently study/recently graduated from
- If still studying and when you expect to graduate
- If you are currently working in the building surveying sector
For further information about the Building Surveyor Career Pathways program, contact Donna Dejkovski on email@example.com or 9618 9276.