Understanding your insurance requirements for mutual recognition and automatic deemed registration

If you are lodging a Mutual Recognition (MR) Application or an Automatic Deemed Registration (ADR) Notification form with the VBA, you are required to provide evidence that you hold the required insurance to operate in Victoria.

Enter your interstate accreditation details below to assist in understanding your insurance requirements in Victoria.

To learn more about insurance requirements in Victoria, see Building Insurance Requirements on the VBA website.

Select Your State: 

Category of Work:

Licence Type:

If "Not Required" displays below for all three insurance types, you will not be required to submit insurance with your MR application or ADR notification.

Domestic Builder Insurance:
Public Liability Insurance:
Professional Indemnity Insurance: