The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) regulates building and plumbing practitioners. We are focused on continuously improving safe, compliant and efficient building and plumbing industries.
At the VBA, our people are our most important asset, and are key to delivering our core functions to the Victorian community.
We embrace a culture within the VBA that strives for professional and personal growth. We have a strong focus on our ability to problem solve, work as one and deliver.
Why work with us?
We are proud of our diverse workforce, with a wide range of skills in a variety of career areas. Working for use, you'll have the opportunity to:
- use your technical expertise and have your skills recognised
- have a positive influence on the building and plumbing industries, the Victorian community and even make a contribution nationally
- explore diverse career possibilities
- enjoy consistent working hours
- look at the building and plumbing industries from a different perspective
- be part of a new approach to contemporary regulatory practices and enforcement.
We also offer:
- work–life balance (flexible hours, working remotely)
- leave accrual
- language allowance
- wellbeing programs
- reimbursement for work-approved professional memberships
- online learning
- performance-based pay
Take a look at the VBA Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2016 (PDF, 9714.44 KB) for employment terms and conditions.
When you're working in head office, you'll enjoy the benefits of a convenient location in iconic Docklands buildings, right near Southern Cross station.
Our state-of-the-art offices boast a stunning architectural fit-out, on-site cafe, well appointed showers and change room, plus a concierge service.
It's an exciting time to be part of the VBA
We have some big plans and are on the lookout for team players who will help us lead and shape industry change. We are growing our business to meet industry and consumer needs, with upcoming ongoing and fixed-term opportunities.
We are always looking for talented...
- Building Surveyors – MBS/RBS/PBS
- Building Inspectors
- Fire Safety Engineers
Please note: Inspectors, Surveyors and Engineers will require current registration or the ability to seek registration.
Business and corporate support:
- Project management
- Data analytics
- Business analyst
- Business administration
- Quality assurance/governance
- Legal professionals
All Victorian Building Authority job opportunities are listed on the Victorian Government careers website.